Friday, May 23, 2008

Warblers Galore!






Trip Participants - Steven & Magdalena Easley and Wayne & Wanda Easley

May 22, 2008
Birds marked with the mark * have a photo included above.

Yesterday afternoon we found mass numbers of migrating warblers near Esmond, ND in Benson, County. One particular shelter belt was loaded with 14 different species. The highlight of the afternoon was a shining Golden-winged Warbler*, quite uncommon towards the center part of North Dakota. Other birds that were seen included: Canada Warbler*, Mourning Warbler*, Wilson's Warbler, Blackpoll Warbler, Chestnut-sided Warbler*, Tennessee Warbler, Magnolia Warbler*, Black-and-white Warbler, American Redstart, Common Yellowthroat, Ovenbird and Northern Waterthrush. Red-eyed Vireo and Warbling Vireo also showed nicely.

Between the 4 of us we took more than 1,650 photos of these little jewels. That's the great thing about digital, no wasted time or money on film. That is the equivalent of 46 rolls of slide film at a total cost of about 700$ USD. Thank goodness for Digital Photography!

Good Birding, STEVEN EASLEY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Steven ... I am a neighbor of Jan Jones' and she told me about your blog site. I just wanted to tell you it is WONDERFUL and I have enjoyed your pictures! I love watching birds, too! Our daughter is currently in Costa Rica with a group from Union College. She is enjoying all the sites down there. She told me I would go crazy if I could see the birds!
Can you recommend a good brand of binoculars for bird watching?
Keep up the good work. I will keep looking at your site ... it is amazing that you have seen so many different warblers. Isn't God's creation awesome!
Linda Widicker, Bowdon