Monday, March 7, 2011

Black-throated Blue-Warbler @ Rancho Naturalista!!!

Hello Friends,
My good friend Harry Barnard called me early this morning to alert me of a Black-throated Blue-Warbler sighting at Rancho Naturalista.  It was actually being seen while he was on the phone with me.  Immediately Magda and I grabbed our binoculars and were out the door.  We got there about 45 minutes later and Harry was waiting for us along the road - giving me the thumbs up signal!  Harry then relocated the bird for us and we even managed to snap a few shots of it.  Many Thanks to Harry for an A+ Job of guiding!!! 
The only sad news to report is that the bird had a broken leg.  While he was feeding he seemed to be hovering more than normal.  Hopefully he'll be OK...
Good Birding - Steven Easley

Black-throated Blue-Warbler @ Rancho Naturalista
Black-throated Blue-Warbler @ Rancho Naturalista

No comments: